SOS International LLC (SOSi)
Earlysville, VA 22936
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-170727-5749: Remote Sensing Analyst
Job Category Analysis
Duty Location U.S. - Virginia - Charlottesville
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 1-170727-5749
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking qualified candidates for a Remote Sensing Analyst in Charlottesville, Virginia. The ideal candidate will process and exploit complex data including spectral, thermal, and/or synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data. The candidate will apply basic-to-complex non-literal exploitation analysis techniques in the visible (VIS) through shortwave infrared (SWIR) spectral regions, midwave infrared (MWIR), and longwave infrared (LWIR) hyperspectral data.
The candidate will also assist in full implementation of spectral capabilities including analysis and production, product timeliness and workflow, technology (equipment and software) acquisition, product development, posting and dissemination, and product applications to the warfighter. The candidate will participate in community-sponsored spectral Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) working groups and collection exercises and he/she will plan and execute tasking and production for self and team. The candidate will provide technical guidance and assistance to other Remote Sensing Analysts (RSA) and may lead small productions team focused on a particular customer, target, or region. The candidate will also works as part of such teams under immediate direction of a fellow RSA, Image Scientist, or Senior Image Scientist.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Operational Knowledge - Successful completion of the tasks in this effort requires operational knowledge of the following capabilities:
• Experience in working the continuum of remote sensing and applying image science and remote sensing production and development solutions to meet intelligence requirements.
• Experience in developing and advancing the capabilities of spectral, hyperspectral, OPIR, IR collection, processing, and detection systems.
• Experience in interpreting results from on-board and offline algorithms and automated processors in order to address intelligence requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of employing non-literal methods, techniques, and processes in order to address intelligence requirements. Familiar with extracting information from a dataset that cannot be discerned via literal (visual) methods and providing context and meaning to information for intelligence purposes.
• Experience with and have training in ENVI and MATLAB or equivalent development and processing programs before the performance period begins. Training in ENVI is assumed to include the Introduction to ENVI course, Spectral Processing in ENVI, or equivalent spectral processing courses.
• Thorough familiarity with remote sensing imaging and non-imaging systems (e.g., multispectral, hyperspectral, thermal, radar, OPIR, and infrared).
• United States citizen
• Four years working in an operational production setting exploiting multi- and hyperspectral data in the GEOINT domain, including use of software-based exploitation tools such as ENVI and ERDAS Imagine and applying atmospheric correction and spectral matching algorithms to data.
• One year past or current Intelligence Community (IC) experience with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), US Air Force National Air and Space Intelligence Center (USAF/NASIC), and/or U.S. Army Intelligence.
• Comprehensive understanding of the phenomenology associated with the VIS through LWIR spectral region and SAR data is required with an emphasis on recent experience exploiting spectral, hyperspectral, thermal, overhead persistent infrared (OPIR) and/or synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data.
• Understanding of National and Theater spectral intelligence assets.
• Comprehensive understanding of ground, airborne and space-based spectral collection platforms and collection methods.
• One year experience writing IDL programming code toward developing applications that improve image-processing efficiency and algorithms for target detection and identification.
• Required degree (see Table 1) from an accredited school in a field of basic or applied science or engineering. Typical fields of study include, Remote Sensing, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, and the Agricultural Sciences. In special cases, in the discretion of the appropriate Government representative, commiserate experience will be accepted in lieu of educational requirements.
• In special cases, commiserate experience shall be accepted in lieu of educational requirements.
• Remote Sensing or related “primer” courses
• Remote Sensing or related processing courses
• Workshop or geospatial intelligence analytical thinking
• Requirements management training or at least one year equivalent experience
SOS International LLC (SOSi)