We have an opening for a Software Application Engineer. Must have experience with GE Smallworld, ESRI, Oracle and SQL Server. Expertise with GIS Software. This position will work directly with client customers to provide world-class Application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications. The successful candidate will design, code and deliver new applications and application enhancements in multiple platforms (.NET, Java, ESRI, Python). The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives.
Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users. This person will assist with the implementation, configuration, and maintaining of GIS applications in a project and support capacity. This position will work with Project Manager(s) and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables. This position will also work with Product Support Manager and team to maintain daily operations surrounding the GIS.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, GIS, or equivalent work experience with 6 years related experience
• Experience with GE Smallworld, ESRI, Oracle and SQL Server
• Expertise with common GIS software
• Interaction with map features
• Efficient use of core functions
• Understanding Spatial Data Modeling
• Creation and Manipulation of Features
• Updating RWO Objects and applying to the database.
• Building Custom GIS Applications, via: GE Smallworld Images
• ArcGIS Engine or Runtime
• Experience with Querying, Reporting, and Extraction of Spatial Data
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Highly motivated and able to solve highly technical and complex problems
• FME Workbench (desired)
• Languages: Magik, Python, C#, Java, .Net (desired)
• Prior experience implementing ITSM solutions in a fast-paced, heterogeneous environment (desired)
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference job # 60807908TT
Equal Opportunity Employer
Website : http://www.entegee.com/
Access to a national network of resources Convenient local service and committed, personal attention Staff with over 20 years experience in engineering and technical fields In-house design center capabilities using state-of-the-art technology Our access, experience, and expertise ensure you'll get the results you're looking for every time. Give your business the strategic work force solutions