Michael Baker International
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of scalable enterprise Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) solutions. From the simple to the complex, we define and deliver systems and personnel to meet our customers’ ever evolving demands in such industries as government, telecommunications, water resources, energy and pipelines, and air and surface transportation. With 75 years of planning, engineering, construction, surveying and mapping expertise, Michael Baker International has produced millions of square miles of cartographic and imagery data of the earth’s surface.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a GIS Program Coordinator. The successful candidate work on-site at Headquarters, U.S. Army Installation Management Command (IMCOM), Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio, TX. Primary duties and responsibilities will be to assist IMCOM’s Installation Geospatial Information & Services (IGI&S) Program Manager in the support of the geospatial program for IMCOM Installations, and will provide assistance and support to IGI&S Managers at IMCOM Installations as required.
• Be responsible for assisting IMCOM Geospatial Program Manager with operational issues and provide Tier 1 customer support to installation IGI&S Managers.
• Conduct quarterly IGI&S Manager community of practice meetings.
• Develop geospatial common installation picture (CIP) data layers evaluation plan for IMCOM installations.
• provide software updates to the installations in support of IMCOM geospatial tools. Ability to obtain Common Access Card (CAC) is required.
• Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a Senior GIS/GIS Manager role with at least 5 years working in a DoD installation environment.
• GISP Certification is a plus
• Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to 1) coordinate and manage multiple projects and efforts across a large multidisciplinary organization and 2) implement data collection and QA/QC methodology with multiple organizations. Occasional travel required.
• Proficient with Microsoft office programs. Python programming is a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Program, ESRI ArcGIS tools and extensions.
• Understanding of Spatial Data Standards for facilities infrastructure and environment (SDSFIE) feature classes, geospatial databases, Quality Assurance Plans (QAPs), Meta Data and understanding of various data gathering techniques and principles such as Lidar, digital ortho photography, surveying, GPS, etc.
Michael Baker International
Website : http://www.mbakerintl.com
Baker (NYSE Amex: BKR), founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for public and private sector clients worldwide.