See more jobs like this
Immediate need for a talented ArcGIS Sever Administrator
with experience in the Telecom Industry
. This is a 06 months contract
opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Irving TX
. Please review the job description below and ****
Responsible for 24*7 production support of mission critical applications utilizing ESRI ArcGIS, running on Windows platform and Citrix, and utilizing Oracle, Postgres databases. The role requires expertise with Windows Server operating system, with some familiarity of Linux, as well as Oracle/Postgres Databases and ArcGIS server administration. Need to be able to configure Windows servers, deploy Middleware packages, networking setup, configure Active Directory, domain level and local GPO management, and setup Servers for application deployment. Deploy code/packages in production and non-production environment, prepare task plans, and follow change management process. Work with application Development, Sys Admins, DBAs and peer IT groups. As part of the 24*7 job requirement, may need to work after normal business hours and some weekends to support releases and outages. Need to be able to join crisis/outage bridges when paged. Provide resolution to issues and mitigate problems proactively.
Systems Engineer/Administrator must be able to function with limited direction and guidance, and be able to diagnose extremely technical and challenging problems within the systems. Must be able to accurately assess problems and if necessary communicate the problem information to peers, support group and HW/OS vendors. Must be able to work in a team environment, demonstrate leadership skills, possess excellent communication skills, and follow established business processes and procedures.
Experience working with AWS is highly desirable. Need to be able to independently architect any future migration of the applications to AWS platform.
- Day to day application support, monitoring and system administration of applications running on Windows, with some exposure to Linux and on Oracle/Postgres Database
- Windows 2008/2012 system administration and support
- Active Directory setup, global groups, service accounts and security management
- Remote Desktop services (RDS) install, support and administration
- Install, setup, monitor and maintain ESRI ArcSDE and ArcGIS Server installations
- Automating manual processes
- Problem (break/fix) analysis & remediation
- 24*7 support for mission critical applications, requires occasionally working after normal business hours and weekends to support releases, application issues and outages
Top 3 requirements:
1) Experience in Windows systems administration, Powershell scripting, Python, Perl
2) Experience in supporting ESRI ArcGIS Server platform
4) Windows 2008/2012 server administration
5) Windows Middleware installation and support - IIS, .NET
6) ArcGIS server administration, Arcpy, ArcGIS API for client and server programming, performance tuning
7) Programming in Java script, Python
8) Web technologies - Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic
9) Database technologies - Oracle, Oracle Spatial, Postgres
10) Powershell, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Perl
Required Education & Experience:
1) B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, Masters preferred, with 5 years' work experience
2) Experience to include hands-on development and production support
Our client is a leading Telecom Industry
and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. Qualified candidates should apply NOW for immediate consideration.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.
- provided by Dice ArcGIS Server, Windows systems administration/python
Irving, Texas, United States of America
Thu, 21 June 2018 19:00:00 EST
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..
7/9/2018 8:52:54 PM