NCI Information Systems, Inc.
Washington, DC 20001
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. Coupled with a refined focus on strategic partnerships, we are successfully bridging the gap between commercial best practices and mission-critical government processes. Core competencies include:
* Artificial intelligence
* Agile digital transformation
* Advanced analytics
* Hyperconverged infrastructure solutions
* Cyber security and information assurance
* Fraud, waste and abuse
* Engineering and logistics
NCI has been designated a 2018 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, NCI has approximately 2,000 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.
As a Full Stack GIS Developer (Software Engineer) who is passionate about mapping, you will help our team by applying and demonstrating state-of-the-art geospatial web technologies in an Agile DevSecOps environment. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver quality, innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
* Design and code software components, units, and modules for various geospatial applications that meet product specification and development schedules
* Work with other developers and systems engineers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional requirements and tasks
* Work closely with product owner, stakeholders, business analysts, and team members to understand product specifics and to create quality code
* Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle and help shaping NCI's Geospatial Services Offering
* Execute automated testing on both front-end and back-end systems
* Applicants MUST be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain US Government's Public Trust security clearance
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Geography or equivalent
* 3 years experience with geospatial programming technologies including Python and Python based libraries such as Pandas, GeoPandas and GDAL
* 3 years of experience working with geospatial data (SHP, KML, GeoJSON) as well as OGC standards (WMS, WFS)
* 3 years of experience working with web mapping API (Leaflet, Mapbox, OpenLayers, Esri) and OpenGeo (GeoServer, PostGIS, QGIS)
* Experience working closely with product owners, stakeholders, and project managers
* Strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience as a results-oriented, collaborative self-starter who can contribute to a development team
* Must have good written and oral communication skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience working on software development contracts for the Federal government in an Agile DevSecOps environment
* Experience working with cloud environments such as AWS EC2, EBS, S3 and RDS
* Database experience such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL
* DevOps experience, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Liquibase, Git
* Testing experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
IT: Administrator / Analyst / Architect / Engineer
NCI Information Systems, Inc.
Website : http://www.nciinc.com
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health care and civilian government agencies. We have the expertise and proven track record to solve our customers’ most important and complex mission challenges through technology and innovation. Our team of highly skilled professionals focuses on delivering cost-effective solutions and services in the areas of agile software application and systems development/integration; cybersecurity and information assurance; engineering and logistics support; enterprise information management and advanced analytics; cloud computing and IT infrastructure optimization; health IT and medical support; IT service management; and modeling, simulation and training. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, we have more than 1,800 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.