Golder Associates Inc.
Posted Date 1 month ago(4/7/2018 6:58 AM)
JOB ID: 2018-13627
AREA OF INTEREST: EN - Engineering Geology and Geology
JOB TYPE: Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
EDUCATION (MINIMUM): Bachelor Degree
EXPERIENCE (YEARS): 1
We are seeking an entry level Geologist to join our New England Operations. Our ideal candidate has a background in Environmental Engineering, Geology or Hydrogeology. This position is located in our Manchester, NH office.
Demonstrated experience in the following areas is a plus:
* Subsurface investigation processes including: drilling, soil classification, and well installation
* Groundwater, surface water, and soil sampling techniques and procedures
* Data interpretation and report writing
* Preparation of geologic boring logs, cross-sections, groundwater contour maps and iso-concentration maps
* Operation, maintenance and monitoring of remedial systems
* Phase I environmental site assessments and Phase II contaminated site investigations
* Specialized computer skills including database applications, groundwater and contaminant modeling software, AutoCAD and/or gINT
* A Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or a closely related field is required.
* This is an entry-level role. Minimal experience is required with appropriate education.
* Our ideal candidate has strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
* This position involves a mix of office and field work. The ability to work in different varying weather conditions and terrain is required.
* Candidate must be willing to operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment, and able to lift 50 pounds.
* Extended local, national, and/or international overnight travel and fieldwork may be required, based on project demands.
Golder Associates is one of the most respected global groups specialising in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organisational stability. We continue to expand our technical capabilities and have experienced steady growth, now employing over 6,000 people who operate from more than 150 offices located throughout Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and South America.
Our staff benefit from:
* Option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities
* Employee mentoring program
* Health, well being and work-life balance initiatives
* An international employee exchange program
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Golder Associates Inc.
Website : http://www.golder.com/
Golder is focused squarely on the future. We believe the coming years will be a time when our 8,000 people will make a vital contribution to the world's economy, environment and communities. Still, our origins five decades ago and evolution since then have made us the company we are today. The Golder culture is built around technical excellence, commitment to our clients, employee ownership and the ability to provide our people with challenging careers.