JY Legner Associates
Construction Project Engineer
This position plans, coordinates, and schedules complex activities related to the Transmission Lines portfolio of projects. Responsible for assisting with construction planning, project cost forecasts, project estimating, and maintaining project records. Responds to data inquiries from various groups within the organization. Individual works on a variety of projects/assignments that have specific instructions and expected results. Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills. Excellent word processing and spreadsheet application skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with project planning in conjunction with Construction Group Leader and Team Leaders
· Responsible for obtaining, evaluating, and maintaining contractor pricing and schedules
· Assists with cost estimates and reviews project design and engineering bills of materials to ensure their completeness.
· Responsible for creating and managing work orders in Work Management system
· Responsible for monthly project cost forecasting related to construction activities
· Distribute copies of design drawings and documents to Construction Team Leads
· Assists with resource leveling and development of critical path project schedules.
· Creates and submits various weekly, monthly, and/or annual summary reports.
· Ability to research, identify, and validate essential information
· Performs benchmarking studies, reporting, and analysis.
· Provides data analysis and support for business strategies.
· Assist with gathering, analyzing and compiling of data to respond to management inquiries.
· Work with Project Manager(s), Engineers, and other project resources to meet commitments and deliverables.
· Assist in project schedule updates by supporting Inspectors and Construction Team Leads
· Assists with project close-out.
· Well organized and detail-oriented with ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities
· Ability to be self-directed and proactive in work activities
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related field
· Critical path schedule knowledge is required
· ESRI GIS experience is preferred
· Oracle or other database experience is preferred
· Able to work within limited time restraints and strict deadlines
· Able to perform duties without immediate supervision
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
JY Legner Associates