connection to 192.168.30.16:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)connection to 192.168.30.16:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
Leidos is seeking a GIS Software Developer possessing the ability to design, develop, and implement end-to-end GIS solutions. The successful candidate will assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems, software, custom GIS applications, and data integration solutions with a focus on desktop based geospatial applications.
The candidate will interact with staff at all levels of the company from analysts to senior Doctorates. Demonstrated experience working as part of an integrated development team for the creation of complex geospatial applications. A strong understanding of the ESRI ArcGIS suite of products is required.
* 5 years professional experience, or equivalent educational experience, in GIS application design, development, and implementation.
* Deep understanding of ESRI products and technology.
* Ability to develop custom desktop-based GIS applications for ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro.
* Experience with desktop and ArcGIS development languages including .NET (C#/VB), Python & ArcObjects SDK.
* Will be required to utilize best source control practices and software such as Git, GitHub, and SourceTree.
* Experience with ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, and associated capabilities a plus.
* Understanding of application architecture best-practices.
* Familiarity with big data processing technologies and their integration with ArcGIS or Open Source GIS tools is a plus.
* Must have the analytical and interpersonal skills to elicit and document business, functional, and technical requirements.
* Designing, modeling and documenting geodatabases including SDE.
* Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.
* Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to understand and interpret business applications and is responsible for developing applications and products to fulfill those requirements.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in GIS or Computer Science or other applicable major. In lieu of a four year degree, applicants with considerable progressive experience with GIS application development and GIS systems may be considered.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.