Michael Baker International
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of scalable enterprise Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) solutions. Michael Baker International has differentiated itself and expanded its capabilities by using the latest technologies. For example, we use aerial, static and mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) systems that accurately determine range, elevation, and other critical mapping data. With hundreds of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Technology Practice across North America, Michael Baker International possesses in-house experience and resources to support all elements of your program needs, including: needs analysis, digitizing/data conversion, customized mapping applications, and systems documentation, implementation, and training.
Michael Baker International is seeking a GIS System Analyst Support Specialist to join our Public Safety team. This is an opportunity to work within a dynamic and growing industry and with one of the leading NG9-1-1 GIS solutions and services firms. We are building a technical-minded team of people who desire being part of a dynamic unit delivering Public Safety solutions for local governments.
The GIS System Analyst Support Specialist will be responsible for data to day technical problem solving with both clients and internal program staff with both solution usage and overall NG9-1-1 GIS project deliverables. The role will provide customer support for the DataMark product suite as well, GIS data support for internal project teams, oversee product documentation and training. The role involves workflow analysis, data development, documentation and system support (for both internal and external clients).
· Reconcile results of geospatial analysis and prepare appropriate documentation for clients
· Provide reviews and comments on processes, guidelines, standards, and blueprints in support of the data management program
· Data procurement and quality assessment/analysis, for implementation into the DataMark product suite
· Provide technical support regarding geospatial data and use of DataMark products
· Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams within Michael Baker International
· Ability to provide deliverables in a timely manner
· Ability to effectively communicate with clients regarding data needs, priorities and on support matters
· Bachelor's Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering, Public Safety, Information Management, Computer Science or relevant field
· 6-8 years of related experience with geographic concepts and GIS software
· Minimum of 2 years professional experience in ESRI product suite (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server) and/or open source products
· GISP certification is preferred
· ENP certification is preferred
· Ability to coordinate large GIS data sets
· Possess a basic understanding of Public Safety and/or addressing datasets
· Strong analytical abilities, solid analytical and trouble-shooting skills with the ability to quickly identify and solve client issues
· Highly proficient in the workflows involved in GIS analysis (concepts) and desktop software
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Technical documentation development skills are a plus
· Ability to translate technical concepts into layman's terms
· Ability to coordinate with project stakeholders
· Ability to multi-task
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Michael Baker International
Website : http://www.mbakerintl.com
Baker (NYSE Amex: BKR), founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for public and private sector clients worldwide.