More information about this job
Do you have a unique combination of collaborative, technical, and customer service skills* Learn about the latest Esri technology in this specialized support role while providing timely, expert assistance to our users by phone, e-mail, and chat. Join the team whose mission is to continue Esri s long standing commitment of helping our user community be successful.
* Provide high-quality technical support to end-users of Esri software to effectively diagnose and resolve cases, while making a positive impression
* Work well in a high energy, fast-paced, enthusiastic, positive, and collaborative culture
* Identify, understand, and articulate solutions for customer issues by means of ArcGIS knowledge
* Guide end users on how to apply spatial data in their business by providing insight on different techniques that can help maximize their use of the ArcGIS platform
* Interpret user issues, troubleshoot, and evaluate solutions to determine or recommend software changes to product engineers
* Document technical issues via case tracking which involves authoring, technical editing, and publishing of Knowledge Base articles as well as authoritative online content
* Work in other technical areas of software support as customer and business needs require
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely
* Solid understanding of GIS theory and applications
* Experience using Esri software, specifically ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Pro
* Fluent in English with proficient written and verbal communication abilities
* Ability to learn new concepts quickly, process large amounts of information, and adapt to a changing work environment
* Experience in one or more of the following:
* Parcel Fabric management and editing
* ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop
* Esri Roads and Highways extension
* Bachelor s in GIS, geography, environmental science, computer science, management information systems, or other relevant field, depending on position level (master's preferred)
* Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact
* Knowledge of Windows, geoprocessing, geocoding, coordinate systems, AutoCAD, ArcGIS Business Analyst, land records (parcel fabrics), Python, caching, raster, spatial, 3D, ArcGIS Network Analyst, Citrix, ArcGIS Online
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Esri inspires and enables people to positively impact their future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them. Esri has cultivated collaborative relationships with partners who share our commitment to solving Earth’s most pressing challenges with geographic expertise and rational resolve. Esri pursues mapping and spatial analysis for understanding our world with visionary products and services that define the science of GIS. ArcGIS is a complete system for designing and managing solutions through the application of geographic knowledge. Esri helps you build and manage great information products by providing the ultimate platform for geospatial integration and application.