Recently certified as a Great Place to Work, Woolpert is a national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by strategically blending engineering excellence with leading-edge technology and geospatial applications. For over 100 years Woolpert has served seven industry markets from over 20 offices nationwide. Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity and vision.
Woolpert is seeking an Engineering Technician in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area. The technician is expected to perform various manhole activities, including but not limited to; sanitary sewer maintenance and sensor calibration. This position is for full-time employment during 1st shift hours. The ideal candidate must be trustworthy, reliable, and dependable. No experience needed, training will be provided. Knowledge of sanitary sewers and leadership experience is a plus. Potential candidates must be able to pass federal background check and have valid driver's license with clean driving record.
* This is an entry-level position with no previous work experience required.
* Must have reliable source of transportation to jobsites.
* Must pass basic safety training.
* Must be willing to work outdoors, in all-weather.
* Must be able to read, write and interpret reports, business correspondence and procedural documentation.
* Must have basic computer skills.
* Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to practical situations.
* Answers questions from office engineering personnel about data collected in the field and collection methods.
* Sets up proper field equipment so testing and data collection can be done.
* Maintains field equipment.
* Responsible for following project quality control and quality assurance processes.
* Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a satisfactory driving record, as required by our insurance company.
* Must successfully pass periodic drug testing as required by company policy.
* Follows Woolpert safety procedures at all times.
* SUE Experience
* OSHA 10 Hour Certification, Confined Space Certified, and/or NASSCO Certified.
* Basic understanding of Mechanical aptitude.
* Understanding of Microsoft Products (Microsoft Access Skills are a plus).
* Basic understanding of GIS principles & experience with GIS software.
* Basic understanding of sewer systems and natural waterways.
We identify creative and efficient solutions for today and tomorrow. We live in a changing world one that requires meeting challenges and identifying creative and efficient solutions on a daily basis and over time. Never before has the need to plan, budget, implement, and manage been more important.