Lockheed Martin Corporation
Louisville, CO 80027
Perform the research, analysis, design and development of new technologies, techniques, and systems for LIDAR, LADAR, and/or other laser remote sensing systems for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), directed energy weapons (DEW), atmospheric sensing, navigation and proximity operations, target tracking and identification, spectroscopy, and other applications. Perform the research and development of advanced electro-optical technologies and techniques, including concept development, modeling and simulation, design, assembly, testing, and analysis. Perform technical writing for reports and proposals, prepare and deliver presentations, interact with team members and customers, and both lead and support technical development projects. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, internal and external customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Perform other duties as necessary. The successful candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
Key Words: Lidar, Ladar, Laser Radar, Remote Sensing, Electro-Optics, Electro-Optical, Spectroscopy
The candidate must have a strong understanding of physics and mathematics relevant to the design and development of electro-optical systems and their use in laser remote sensing (i.e., lidar, ladar, laser radar) applications.
The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to perform theoretical (e.g., modeling, simulation, analysis, design) and developmental (assembly, testing, data analysis, trouble-shooting, calibration) of novel electro-optical or remote sensing systems.
The candidate must have strong technical writing, presentation and overall communication skills for reports, proposals, technical presentations, and interaction with customers, team members, and suppliers.
The selected candidate must be able to communicate complex ideas and explain relevant technology and concepts to an audience of both experts and non-experts.
U.S. Citizen with willingness and ability to obtain Security Clearance.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency or mastery of at least several of the desired skills, as well as the interest, motivation and ability to learn and grow in the other desired skill areas.
Ability to develop novel sensor concepts and architectures, including: sensor concept design; architecture trade studies; feasibility analysis; modeling and simulation; optical design.
Experience in development of new technologies, such as new concept formation & analysis, first-of-kind laboratory demonstration, prototype development, testing and calibration, and field demonstration.
Expertise in direct- and/or coherent-detection lidar sensing modes and applications, including:
* 3-dimensional imaging, differential absorption lidar; laser induced fluorescence lidar; differential scattering lidar; polarimetric ladar;
* Imaging ladar/lidar or radar; synthetic aperture ladar or radar; mapping/bathymetric ladar, laser-based free-space optical communications
Knowledge and/or experience in related theory, modeling and simulation, including:
* Antenna theory, synthetic aperture ladar/radar theory, radar and ladar waveforms
* Radiometry, geometrical optics, physical optics, Fourier optics, adaptive optics, fiber optics
* Continuous/discrete stochastic processes, statistical optics
* Speckle phenomena, beam propagation through random media, electro-magnetic scattering and target interaction
* RF communications theory, detection theory and statistics, optimal estimation theory
Knowledge and/or experience in related technologies, including:
* Laser and laser amplifier physics, design, and engineering
* Photo-detector physics, technologies, engineering, and applications.
* Detector focal-plane arrays and readout integrated circuit design, engineering and use.
* Semiconductor solid state physics related to detectors, optical fibers and waveguides, semiconductor optical amplifiers, and photonic systems.
* Camera sensors, controls, logic, and software for rapid development of complex imaging systems and experiments
* Real-time processing systems, FPGAs, micro-controllers, measurement and acquisition hardware
* Photonic-Integrated Circuit (PIC) physics, design, technologies and applications.
* RF electronics, analog electronics, digital electronics
* Control systems, including theory, design, and operation
* Data processing, including processing hardware and software, algorithm development, Monte Carlo simulations, analog signal processing , digital signal processing, image processing, 3D image rendering, data fusion
* Machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, and other advanced processing techniques.
* Target acquisition and tracking, and automatic target recognition (ATR) algorithms
Knowledge of laser remote sensing applications and techniques, such as atmospheric sciences, spectroscopy, missile defense, directed energy, orbital mechanics, radiation physics, rocket plume physics
Experience in field testing of new technologies, including experiment test plan development, field campaign logistics, field experiment supervision, field experiment execution, flight testing
Education and experience level of Ph.D. from accredited university or college with no professional experience; or Master's degree with 3 years of professional experience
TS/SCI Security Clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.