12Y Geospatial Engineer
12Y Geospatial Engineer
Job Views: 11
Location: GLENVILLE, New York, United States
ZIP Code: 12302
Job Category: Engineer
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Job DescriptionGeospatial Engineers in the Army National Guard are trusted advisors to officers, leaders of enlisted Soldiers, and vital conduits in the communications process between the two. As such, you will collect and process military geographic information from decentralized sources (remote sensed imagery, digital data, intelligence data, existing topographic products, and other collateral data sources), present this information to leaders, and return decisions to the field.
You may also:
* Supervise topographic surveying, cartography, and photolithography activities
* Assist in topographic planning and control activities
* Assist in determining requirements and providing technical supervision of geographic intelligence programs
The skills you learn as a Geospatial Engineer will help prepare you for a civilian career with construction, engineering, and architectural firms, as well as with government agencies as a surveyor, mapmaker, cartographer, cartographic technician, or photogrammetrist.
Earn while you learn
Get paid to learn In the Army National Guard, you will learn valuable skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Geospatial Engineer requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where youll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and on:the:job instruction, including practical application of geographic information systems. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Requires military enlistment. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability. Benefits subject to change.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Retirement benefits for part:time service
* Low:cost life insurance (up to ,000 in coverage)
* 401(k):type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to 50,000, for existing loans)
* Healthcare Benefits Available
* High School Diploma or GED
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD for details)
Most non:prior service candidates will earn between 196.26 and 254.91 per drill weekend.
Programs and benefits are subject to change.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up:to:date information.:ul