The Toponymist (Pashto) will analyze and conflate information associated with feature data listed in the Geographic Names Database (GNDB) while working closely with Intelligence Community (IC) components. The Toponymist shall provide analytical production support to accomplish mission objectives. These services will apply subject matter expertise in OSINT and SIGINT geospatial data pertaining to applicable areas of responsibility. Additionally, the analyst will research and order geospatial data sources to use as reference material and conflate as necessary, georeferenced maps and associated data. The selected candidate will use agency guidance and policies concerning the proper and correct usage of names, various Romanization systems, and the treatment of descriptive information on standard and non-standard products. The accuracy and reliability of the candidate’s work is essential to quality production support.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates should:
• Possess an ILR Skill Level Two certification for reading & listening (DLP 2/2) in the Pashto language
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated work experience
• Have experience using SIGINT data and geospatial software
• Have experience with open source TCPED
• Highly proficient in research and information gathering , capable of developing and executing research plans
• Experience collaborating with other offices and agencies
• The candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
• Candidate should work well as part of a team effort and also must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines.
• Active TS SCI clearance is required.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
BA/BS in a relevant degree
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.leidos.com
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.