Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc
VHB s Bedford, NH office is seeking a GIS Intern for immediate work.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Prepare cartographic work products and perfume spatial analytics under the direction of the GIS manager
- Assist in various mobile data collection efforts throughout New Hampshire
- Complete analytical data entry and tabulation
- Assist in preparation of studies and technical reports under the direction of an Environmental Scientist and/or Project Manager
- Assist Environmental Scientists and/or Project Managers with preparing federal, state and local permit applications
- Perform basic technical tasks which should provide experience and familiarization with VHB s scientific methods, practices, standards and company programs
- Acquire a basic understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and interact appropriately and positively with clients
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to travel within New Hampshire to support mobile data collection activities
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geospatial Technology
- Experience with Esri s ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online software.
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?
We move projects forward — that's what VHB has been doing for our clients and communities for 30 years. Providing multidisciplinary planning, design, engineering, and consulting for some of the nation's most complex infrastructure and development initiatives, VHB professionals take projects from concept to completion. Our planning, transportation, land development, and environmental professionals create successful and workable results, changing the face of the built environment.