Senior Geospatial Business Class Leader','150400','!*!About Us
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch our 'About Us' videoWe believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. is in search of a Senior Geospatial Business Class Leader to join our South Central Transportation business group. This position may be located out of any of our Texas office locations.
The Geospatial Business Class Leader will represent, supervise, and mentor a highly successful local team of GIS professionals and geospatial developers, lead quality projects for a diversity of public- and private-sector clients, and work with other leaders across HDR to advance the technical and business applications of the geospatial practice.
· Coordinate different geospatial activities within HDR’s Texas offices and across the company, including coordination of personnel resources and project pursuits as an integral member of regional, national, and international leadership teams.
· Lead geospatial business development activities including forging and maintaining client relationships, writing proposals, giving presentations, and participating in annual budgeting with operational leadership.
· Implement QA/QC procedures and support a culture of quality among the team and practice.
· Participation on planning, directing, and monitoring all project management aspects of geospatial tasks and projects for the team, and requires an understanding of project management principles, a commitment to quality, and dedication to client satisfaction and project delivery.
· Monitor emerging technologies and market opportunities while developing strategies to ensure HDR maintains our reputation as technical leaders in GIS.
· Expected to monitor and understand current GIS demands and how best to meet them with currently available technology.
· Duties of the position include project management; participation in marketing and client development strategy; implementation and promotion of HDR project management tools, policies and procedures, and QA/QC program; staffing and performance management, and staff professional development.
· Requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to proactively manage and respond to geospatial needs from other technical practices within HDR.
· Additionally, as personnel manager of the geospatial team, the position requires excellent interpersonal skills, used for personnel management, performance reviews, career development, and coordination of personnel resources as required by project needs.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in GIS and application development technology project management and implementation.
· Solid understanding of GIS and applied information management, expertise with Esri software (Desktop, Server, Online) and the ability to combine science, aesthetics, and cartography to communicate spatial information effectively.
· Expertise/understanding of Agile Application Development processes, and Application Development technology implementations, data analysis, including statistics or geostatistics.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write reports that summarize spatial analyses and communicate findings with charts, tables and narrative.
· Demonstrated ability to serve as a geospatial project leader including development of technical approach, budget, scheduling, and quality assurance.
· Ability to identify industry trends and determine where company capabilities can be marketed to existing and potential clients.
· Prior experience in personnel supervision preferred.
· Esri Certification, GISP, PMP, PE or other professional certification a plus.
· Preference given to candidates local to the Texas area.
· BA/ BS degree in Geography, Planning, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Computer Science or related field.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way. ','United States-Texas-Austin','United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Texas-San Antonio','','','','','Highway Road','Full-time','Regular','','Geospatial (GIS)','Geospatial (GIS)','Aug 10, 2018','Senior Geospatial Business Class Leader