Here at BlackSky Geospatial, we are building the premier global intelligence platform. Our Platform delivers timely, relevant, and actionable information allowing our customers to make swift and informed decisions.
As a member of our analytic team, you will combine geospatial and open source content and analysis techniques to drive the content coming out of our platform. Successful candidates will have experience with geospatial analysis, open-source (OSINT) analysis, data discovery and management, data exploitation, and direct interaction with customers.
As a young company, we offer a lot of flexibility and opportunity to get involved in multiple projects and pursue things you’re interested in. We don't need you to be the best at everything, but expect that you will never settle for not-knowing, will take pride in your work, and never turn on career cruise control.
• Regular interaction with users to conduct training and understand needs; translate these needs into concrete user stories that can be fed back to our development team
• Research and find geospatial content from both commercial and open sources. Perform geospatial analysis on content from multiple open sources to produce customer-ready content
• Work with the team to give feedback on data sources, software output, and whatever else is needed
• Demonstrate platform capabilities and train new users
• Provide analytic guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team
Who you are:
• An experienced intelligence analyst (10 years) with a current TS//SCI clearance. You have worked with geospatial intelligence, but have experience in other INTs. You know your way around a few different tools (ESRI, RemoteView, SOCET GXP, CartoDB, QGIS, ANB, Palantir, etc.) but aren’t afraid to learn others. You are familiar with at least a subset of open/commercial information sources and ways in which they complement each other.
• You know how to find applicable/necessary information, analyze it, and present results in a manner appropriate for various audience types. You are comfortable articulating analytic assumptions and the differences between various levels of analytic confidence.
• Self-motivated. We are not a “top-down directive” organization; while there is leadership and guidance, we expect everyone to learn how they can contribute and take an active role in understanding key objectives and making things happen.
• Self-taught learner. You’re always up for learning new things, and are able to identify areas you’d like to know more about. We encourage team learning sessions so everyone can benefit from things you’ve learned.
• Curious and engaged team player. You enjoy working with people who do different things (developers, data scientists, customers & end users in various roles and industries), you like learning about what others do and how things fit together, and you’re willing to adapt as you learn.
• Degree, certificate/certification or completion of military training courses in geospatial analysis, imagery analysis, GIS, or related area
• Foreign language fluency
• Experience working with big data or artificial intelligence analytic tools or techniques
• Basic knowledge of languages/formats including HTML/CSS, Python, JSON
• Experience in financial or energy markets
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US citizen and have an active TS/SCI Clearance
Website : http://www.spaceflight.com
Spaceflight Industries (Spaceflight), is a next-generation space products and services company that is transforming how satellites are built, launched and operated. Through its wholly owned subsidiaries Spaceflight Systems and Spaceflight Services, Spaceflight is streamlining the process and reducing the cost to access and operate in space.