Bethesda, MD 20813
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a GIS Developer in Bethesda, MD supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse (HDW).
As the Nation's public health agency, HRSA's mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to administer to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data. Data are stored in the HDW repository and published to the HRSA intranet and the internet via numerous web applications, business intelligence dashboards, mobile applications, data services, and other mechanisms.
The candidate will serve as a GIS developer in an agile team environment, implementing web applications using ESRI technologies such as ESRI World Geocoding Service, ArcGIS Enterprise, or ArcGIS Online. The candidate must have excellent technical skills to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
Minimum of Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related technical field and 6 years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience).
* 4-6 years of experience of developing web-based mapping applications with ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise/ArcGIS Online and GIS database design/management;
* Experience with ArcGIS Platform, ArcGIS Enterprise/ArcGIS Online, Python geoprocessing scripts and similar tools, and loading the data into ArcSDE for SQL Server;
* Advanced knowledge of an enterprise geodatabase and relational database management systems including, but not limited to ArcGIS Desktop, Arc GIS Platform, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcSDE, and SQL Server;
* Experience with ArcGIS server load balance/performance tuning;
* Experience with ArcGIS server administration and/or program development;
* Experience with ArcGIS Online, managing services, and publishing services;
* Advanced knowledge of using the various ArcToolbox geoprocessing tools;
* Possess a working knowledge of GIS scripting such as SQL, VB, VBA/Avenue, Python, or other language;
* Experience with CMMI Level-4 processes a plus.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
* Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
* Proactively demonstrate new ideas and innovation.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required. Additionally must have three years of US Residency.
Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.leidos.com
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.