Job ID: 20180411-11323-CK
Company Name: Wood Mackenzie
Administrative & Data Assistant
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world s natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world s leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
In 2015, Wood Mackenzie acquired the PCI group and now through PCI Wood Mackenzie brings together the foremost data and research in upstream and refining with leading analysis and data on downstream chemicals, polymers and fibres markets. Clients can now access an unrivalled perspective that spans the full hydrocarbon chain, from the well head through to end products.
PCI Wood Mackenzie (Chemicals, Polymers and Fibres) provides integrated subscription research and consultancy services for the chemicals, fibres, films, and plastics sectors. We provide insight combined with proprietary data, helping companies identify trends and take advantage of commercial opportunities.
We are looking for an Administrative and Data Assistant who undertakes administrative, program, and office activities, and collects, inputs and enhances data to support PCI Wood Mackenzie's rapidly evolving chemical product suite. The successful candidate will serves as principal source of information for team members on policies, procedures, programs, and office activities, and assume responsibility for various tasks requiring data gathering, collation and formatting. As an integral member of an open, dynamic and innovative team, the Administrative and Data Assistant is at the centre of our Americas Chemical Research Team, and has a key role in helping all team members identify and implement areas for improvement. They must also have a technical understanding of data collection and foundational management processes but also possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and improve relationships with the wider team, data providers and clients.
* Provide administrative assistance for all administrative procedures, tasks, and activities associated with the Americas Chemical Research Team
* Develop relationships with wider Houston Research organization, and the PCI Wood Mackenzie administrative support team across multiple international locations
* Coordinates travel arrangements and expense processing and management.
* Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments, both client and internal Wood Mackenzie.
* Performs additional functions incidental to group and office activities.
* Collect and compile industry data on a regular basis from various sources to maintain database tools and team Excel spreadsheets
* Run extracts from the spreadsheets and databases for analytical tasks and check consistency and integrity of information held to maintain quality
* To fulfil ad-hoc and scheduled requests for data on-time and with high quality, thus assisting the team with various research projects, such as report writing and consulting projects
* Work closely with research analysts and data analysts in the team and across the region to identify areas where processes and products can be improved through innovation
* Work with core PCI Wood Mackenzie products to understand data flow and client requirements
* Develop good working relationships with team members and wider Woodmac community
Knowledge & Experience
* High school degree is required, university degree in a related field is preferred
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and demand for quality
* Good organization and planning skills with the ability to manage tight timelines
* Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, WORD, Outlook, and preferably Access
* The ability to work as part of a team, involving multiple locations and time zones, whilst being able to prioritise own workload
* Ongoing involvement outside the immediate unit.
* Balance a wide variety of complicated job tasks requiring coordinating numerous processes/methods.
* Offers or obtains specialized information and provides assistance on complex matters.
* Regular sustained concentration.
* Experience working in a data-related role and be able to demonstrate an affinity with numbers and data handling
* Manipulate large volumes of data and present this in a clear way
* Evidence where they have identified and implement process improvements in data structure, gathering, maintenance and delivery
* Experience of leveraging web-scraping technology e.g. KAPOW is preferred but not required
* Understanding of data programming, such as VBA, SQL, Python, R is desirable but not required
* Experience with GIS systems preferred
* A knowledge of the chemical or hydrocarbons industries would be advantageous
Determined and resilient
Building and Maintaining Relationships
Planning, implementation and control
Issue Identification, problem solving and analysis
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
* Respect for the Individual
* Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie s success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran s status, disability, genetic information or
Wood Mackenzie is the most comprehensive source of knowledge about the world's energy and metals industries. We analyse and advise on every stage along the value chain - from discovery to delivery, and beyond - to provide clients with the commercial insight that makes them stronger.