Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Researches and reviews urban land development proposals and studies. Provides research information to more senior level planners as requested.
2. Reviews preliminary site plans and prepares comments for zoning, land use, annexation, and variance cases.
3. Meets with members of the public, developers, and other city officials to respond to questions that are relevant to a specific planning area or to planning in general.
4. Provides technical planning assistance to the general public, developers and other city officials.
5. Prepares reports and make presentations at public hearings regarding land use and other planning related initiatives.
6. Reviews subdivision plats and site plans for compliance with local regulations and ordinances.
7. Compiles data/information for reports and cost estimates.
8. Analyzes data to discover patterns and/or discrepancies.
9. Documents data and findings on appropriate forms/logs.
10. Draws plans, diagrams, graphs, tables, charts, and maps using drafting and drawing tools.
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised: None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of computer mapping and graphics technology.
Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (
Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in using computers and related software.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Skill in planning and organizing.
Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret applicable research data and presenting it in a clear and concise manner.
Ability to explain and enforce City policies.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Does this job require a criminal background investigation?
This position does not require a criminal background investigation
Website : http://austinenergy.com
Austin Energy is the nation’s eighth largest publicly-owned electric utility and a department of the City of Austin. Our mission is to deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service. Our utility provides electricity to more than 420,000 customers and a population of almost one million in the City of Austin, several neighboring cities, unincorporated areas of Travis County, and a portion of Williamson County.