Chevron is one of the worlds leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Petrophysicist,located in Houston, Texas, through May 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID # ******
Chevron (ETC) is seeking a Petrophysicist with 5 relevant years of experience in the oil and gas industry, with an earth science, geophysics, or engineering background. Work scope includes a wide variety of formation evaluation projects from our worldwide operations, ranging from exploration to detailed multi-well field studies. Projects may involve occasional travel for project work, technical presentations, or delivering training. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to take a strong technical leadership role in a services group working on the advancement of the use petrophysical data and methodologies.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Assist asset teams in coordinating and prioritizing respective formation evaluation activities including:
* Provide strategic and tactical reservoir-wide to single-well FE log and core data planning, acquisition, evaluation, and incorporation into AD subsurface evaluations.
* Manage large multi-well openhole and casedhole log evaluation projects.
* Provide quality control of wireline data and ensure storage of data in appropriate System of Record.
* Liaise with Business Units on technology development for unconventional resources.
* Mentor, conduct training seminars, and champion innovative technology applications to strengthen formation evaluation competency.
* Travel occasionally as needed for projects to ensure quality control of field logging operations and training.
* A Bachelors degree in Geology, Geophysics, Engineering or directly related discipline.
* A minimum of 5 years of industry experience with petrophysics.
* Be well-versed in a wide range of petrophysical techniques and data types.
* Have experience in a wide range of lithology types, and understand application of specific analysis techniques to meet complexities of the reservoir.
* Be competent with mineral modeling log analysis techniques.
* Comfortable with integrating specialized log data such as image logs, NMR, sonic, and multicomponent induction
* Be well versed in the use, and quality control of routine and SCAL data, and the integration of core and wireline data sets.
* Have practical experience with normalization methodology and the management and evaluation of large multiwell projects.
* Have experience with property population for reservoir models.
* Have experience recommending logging programs to solve complex reservoir characterization problems.
* Experienced Geolog or Techlog user.
* Be able to work with application developers providing technical guidance with the goal of developing and improving analysis tools and workflows.
* Have good communication and mentoring skills.
* Be collaborative and work closely with project team and technical experts.
* Have good business acumen, with ability to deliver quality technical work within project timelines and budgets. Must have the flexibility to rapidly adapt to new project groups and technical areas.
* The candidate will also have differentiated skills in at least one of the following:
* Integration of logs and seismic data, including well ties, fluid substitution and generation of mechanical properties
* Formation testing expertise
* Data Management
* Core analysis and special core analysis
* Saturation Height modeling
* Cased hole log analysis and cased hole-open hole log integration
* Rock Mechanics
* Programming skills (python etc.)
* Reservoir engineering (PVT etc.)
* Language skills (ability to read well reports and communicate with foreign partners)
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.chevron.com
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power and produce geothermal energy; provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and develop the energy resources of the future, including research into advanced biofuels.