Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
VHB is seeking to hire a GIS Specialist to join our growing team in our northeast regional offices. This position could be based out of VHB's Watertown, MA, Bedford, NH, Worcester, MA or Wethersfield, CT. The qualified candidate will work within the Applied Technology Services Group to provide a range of GIS services to a diverse set of clients in areas such as transportation, municipal, energy, institutional, real estate, and federal.
- Provide mapping and analysis using Esri s ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro product lines
- Work collaboratively with various members of VHB s other teams located in our New England offices
- Provide support in configuring applications using Esri s ArcGIS Online (Collector, Survey123, Web Maps and Web Applications), to support project work
- Communicate and be able to work as an individual as well as part of a large team
- Proactively provide your own ideas and solutions to solve project related problems
- Provide GIS technical assistance and support to other members of the office
- Provide time estimates for project proposals and RFPs
- Perform Quality Control tests on data entry and map deliverables done by others
Skills and Abilities
- Must have a solid understanding of the principles and practices of GIS and cartography
- Knowledge of working with and editing geodatabases
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality maps and data products through a portfolio highlighting their previous work
- Demonstrated experience in applying GIS technology to environmental, transportation or land development projects
- Experience working with Esri s ArcGIS Desktop, ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, and/or AutoCAD a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with the Esri product Suite
- B.S. in GIS, geography, cartography, planning, engineering, computer science or a related field
- Experience with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop software suite
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (Microsoft Access, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Ability to learn new skills and methods on-the-fly, troubleshoot issues, and solve technical problems
- Experience with utility systems a plus.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?
We move projects forward — that's what VHB has been doing for our clients and communities for 30 years. Providing multidisciplinary planning, design, engineering, and consulting for some of the nation's most complex infrastructure and development initiatives, VHB professionals take projects from concept to completion. Our planning, transportation, land development, and environmental professionals create successful and workable results, changing the face of the built environment.