Date Last Verified
Position: Land Survey Party Chief
Office Location: Fresno California 93711
Term: Full Time Permanent Employment
Compensation: Highly competitive base compensation plus comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, & Performance Bonuses)
Top ranked, prestigious and numerous award-winning Civil Engineering Land Development and Land Planning firm actively seeks Land Survey Party Chief to join our thriving Fresno California office.
This individual will assist on survey field crews as a Land Survey Party Chief.
LAND SURVEY PARTY CHIEF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Assist on survey field crews as a land survey party chief.
- Perform land survey work using routine surveying practices and equipment.
- Performs calculations and computations
- Responsible for utilizing Trimble and TDS surveying programs to gather, retrieve and interpret important data.
- Perform assignments under the direction of a supervisor and project technical staff
- Ability to understand civil and architecture drawings
LAND SURVEY PARTY CHIEF QUALIFICATION NEEDED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years of related land survey chainman experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years field experience with topographic surveys and construction staking
- Practical knowledge of Trimble S6 Robotic Instruments and TDS software is preferred
- Must be a member of Operating Engineers, Local 3
- Valid California drivers license
- Demonstrate record of safe driving
- Good physical stamina (working on feet for 8 hours, lifting and lowering)
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Candidates local to the Fresno, Folsom or Sacramento California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US citizenship or Green Card.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Our 50 person privately held civil engineering office has been providing civil engineering land development, land planning, and land surveying services for private sector for commercial, office, industrial, institutional, and residential development projects, and to the public sector roads, public works, schools, parks and assessment districts for over 35 years. With our four operating offices in Northern California / Central Valley and our staff has been assembled from the best talent in the fields of engineering, land planning, land surveying, landscape architecture, construction, and business administration. We have completed thousands of projects and have become one of the most respected and progressive engineering firms in this area, growing deep roots in Fresno and the Sacramento Valley.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
REASONS TO JOIN OUR FIRM:
We are a well-established but continually growing company with lots of opportunity for professional advancement and growth. We were acknowledged by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Sacramento / Northern California.
Many of our staff have been working with us for over 15 years or more (We have great employee tenure). We are a very stable company with very few employee turn-over.
We are a family driven business.
We understand that our firms greatest asset are our employees and we treat them as such.
We provide our employees with a top tier compensation package (both salary and benefits package).
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential hiring / employment consideration; please email detailed resume and cover letter detailing your land survey background, skills, and experience to **** . We will follow up with you promptly for a next step interview.
Industry terms: land planner land planning land use planning land use planner civil engineering civil engineer licensed engineer professional engineer registered engineer PE P.E. EIT E.I.T. land development civil design civil designer subdivision residential single family multifamily commercial site development public works land planner land planning consultant consulting job jobs hire hiring employ employment career careers opportunity Sacramento folsom natomas California CA 559 916 530 209 LEED AP report reports plans budget schedule specifications estimate estimates construction documents code codes compliance Surveys Topographic Surveys American Land Title Association (ALTA Surveys) Right of Way Engineering Surveys Geodetic / Control Surveys global Positioning Systems (GPS) Engineering Construction Surveys Entitlement Studies Preliminary Sewer and Water Preliminary Grading and Drainage Traffic Studies Arboricultural reports Utilities Studies Bidding Bid Analysis Land Planning Master Planning and Land Use Maps Site Feasibility Reports Planning Consultation Preliminary Lotting Studies Vesting Tentative Maps Specific Plans General Development Plans Coordinate Application Package Applications and Submittals Mapping Final Subdivision Maps Final Parcel Maps Records of Surveys Lot Line Adjustments / Lot Mergers Assessment District Mapping Community Facilities District Mapping Estimates Sewer, Water and Drainage Calculations Specifcations Agency Submittals Construction Documents On-site Improvement Plans Off-site Improvement Plans Engineers Construction Cost Construction Services Construction Staking Construction Assistance SWPPP NPDES processing SWPPP Manual preparation SWPPP Compliance Inspection
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Education Required: Bachelors
Overnight Travel: None
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time